Release 2022-06-17 New Layout for Service Plans

Hello Community

We have a new update for you we hope that you’ll like it!

In this release, we revamped the Service plans feature layout and functionality.

Here are the details:

1. Good bye Quota Control

Quota Control has been replaced with a simplified UI that covers the most common use cases. Your existing rules will remain intact and functional. You can override them by editing your service plans and clicking save.

New Service Plan layout:

2. Good bye bulky Burst configs

Burst speeds have been removed because they are not needed anymore and because they add unnecessary load on your routers CPUs.

3. Service plans are now all monthly based

Some ISPs had Service plans with no-duration: Now you’ll see an expiry date for each of your subscribers. Don’t worry, this expiry date will renew automatically. You can block the user anytime.

Other ISPs had duration=3months, 6months, 12months, or 1day, …, 27days, …, 30days: They have all been normalized to 1 month.

4. Auto-renew for Service plans with price = 0

For ISPs that had Service plans with price = 0, you may see in your Audit Log that the system auto-renewed expired subscribers. Don’t worry about this, as Zima has also blocked them.
Exception: ISPs that had subscribers expired within the last 3 days have been missed from the block, so just make sure about those.

The new Service plan layout is self explanatory but we’ll write a post about its different sections and functionalities in a documentation post soon.

Stay tuned!

1 Like

FAQ and feedback

1. why does all my packages say 1 month at the end of them

Nothing to worry about concerning the 1 Month. It will renew automatically without any side effects.

2. I try to add a user and it set an expiry date of today and customer is in pink

This is the expected behaviour after the update. After adding the user it is considered expired. You need to edit his expiry to any day in the future and the auto-renew will take care of it from that point.

3. How to stop the auto-renew of my expired users?

The auto-renew script ignores blocked users, we have adjusted it to ignore expired users too, so you don’t need to change anything.
However if you want to stop the auto-renew, you can do that by setting your service price > 0. You can do that from the managers page by editing the assigned service plan retail price to a number > 0.

4. Is it stable now and will you keep doing annoying updates?

It is stable now, the script works as described and you can stop it by doing the adjustment mentioned above.

Updates that affect user experience are annoying, we hear you. However, we needed to normalize the service plans feature so we can correctly implement the billing and notifications feature coming next.

5. I don’t need the upcoming billing and notifications feature, am I obliged to use it?

The upcoming feature can be avoided basically by having service plans price set to 0. Also the notifications can be turned off.
So for ISPs that use other billing systems and want to keep it simple, they can keep doing that.