2FA setup on account

Good day. I would like to know if 2FA can be implemented due to the rise in unautherised access to accounts.

Hello @saint_patrick

Thanks for your question.

Yes 2FA or Two-Factor-Authentication is a needed feature and it is planned. Some call it also MFA or Multi-Factor-Authentication.

For those who are not familiar with it:
It is a feature that allows the user to add an extra layer of security when accessing their account. It sends an OTP or a One-Time-Password to his mobile or email usually a 4-digit number. This 4-digit number ensures that only him can access his account and no other hacker or attacker could log in.

Having said that, I’ll talk a bit about our releases. We still did not release the 2FA yet because we have been busy with other needed fixes.

However, we added the activity log feature that allows you to inspect the actions done in the system. It does not replace the need for 2FA but it complements it.

Two factor authentication is planned and it will be part of a future release once we finish from our current needed fixes.

Here’s a thread where Two factor authentication was discussed by the community if you’d like to also add your opinion there it helps:

Hi there Support,
Is there any update on this?

1 Like

Hello @nick
Thanks for reaching out again.
Unfortunately 2FA is still not available, but we will work on that soon after the current release.

I’m working on a post that includes the most requested features. I’ll see if could add the voting option. It will help make it clearer what we are working on at the moment and why we are prioritizing certain features over others.
I’ll share the link soon, let me know if interested.

Hi Support,
It would be good if you could get MFA into the roadmap ASAP. Just in the UK (and I expect Europe and USA) insurers, certification bodies, etc are starting to demand that MFA is enabled on all cloud based services. It is a security risk that needs to be addressed. Thannks

1 Like

Noted :white_check_mark:
We will work on that soon.

1 Like