I want to know how i can edit my database

if a client has taken IP 192.168.22.22 dynamically, but I decide to change his address, it does not work.
I put a static address from a framed IP and after 1 hour when I removed it, the client again takes the address 192.168.22.22
Tell me where to set so it doesn’t remember so much and where this is stored.Can I edit this myself.

In Mikrotik RouterOS, IP allocation for PPP (Point-to-Point Protocol) connections can be done in several ways, depending on the configuration. Here are some possible scenarios:

1. Static IP address allocation: The administrator can manually assign a specific IP address to a PPP user in the user profile configuration.
  2. Dynamic IP address allocation: The PPP server can dynamically assign an available IP address from a pool of addresses configured in the IP pool settings.
  3. RADIUS server integration: If the PPP server is configured to use a RADIUS server for authentication and accounting, the RADIUS server can send back an IP address to the PPP server as part of the Access-Accept message.

Scenario 1 and 2 are the ones encountered with Zima as it is not a Radius based system.

So when you specify a framed IP in Zima, it is propagated to Mikrotik and it is the first scenario. No problem with that.

When you remove the framed from Zima, it is propagated to Mikrotik and it is the second scenario which is Dynamic allocation.

It is possible that Mikrotik chooses the same IP for the user as it selects the IPs for allocation.

In Mikrotik RouterOS, when dynamic IP allocation is used for PPP connections, the method used to select the next available IP address from the IP pool is based on the “first available” principle.

When a PPP connection is initiated, the PPP server checks the IP pool settings to find the first available IP address that is not currently in use by another PPP connection. This means that the IP addresses are allocated in sequential order from the IP pool.

For example, if the IP pool is configured to use the range of IP addresses from 192.168.1.100 to 192.168.1.200, and the first available IP address is 192.168.1.102, then that IP address will be assigned to the next PPP connection that is initiated. The next available IP address will be 192.168.1.103, and so on.

So that’s what is happening on your Mikrotik side. On another note, what is the concern of seeing the same allocated IP for this device? Is it causing any issues or you just want to learn further about the root cause of it?

Let us know and we’d be happy to assist further.

I want to know where and how long a certain IP address is kept for a customer and what I have to do to change it to another random IP address.